Las Rocas Garnacha

8,90

You only need 30,00 for free

Information

Vintage: 2018.
Variety: Garnacha.
Appellation: Calatayud.

Description

One of the most distinctive wines in the world, Las Rocas is a wine made of Garnacha that tries to represent the performance of this variety in two subzones of Calatayud (Sierra Vicort and Sierra Santa Cruz), looking for a style of wine of complete phenolic maturity and soft tannins after its ageing in tanks and barrels.

Vineyard characteristics

Vineyards between 40 – 60 years old bush trained with natural drainage and an average yield of 3500 kg/ha. The vineyard is located in the most representative villages of the DO Calatayud with the characteristic gravel soils (colluvial rock with red clay).

Winemaking

Fermentation at a controlled temperature between 22°C and 24°C. Fermentation-maceration during 15 days in concrete vats adjusting the treatments of maceration (pumping-over, delestage and skin contact time) to the features of each batch of grapes and its evolution during vinification. 80% of the total blend ages for one year in concrete vats and the remaining 20% in barrels of several uses.

 

Latest medals

Tasting notes

Rich in spicy aromas and with a delicate mineral texture, well structured, with shades of oak. Round tannins and a rich fruity palate.

Additional information

Type of wine

Type of Ageing

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Las Rocas Garnacha”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

17 + 6 =